Comment on page
Front-End Angular Developer (Filled)
Experienced front-end software developer to take ownership of the DexGrid frontend interface development.
DexGrid is a fully remote working company and focused on digital by default. While based out of Puerto Rico, we are hiring our product development team abroad.
DexGrid builds the electric marketplace and consumption logic of the future electric grid. At DexGrid, our mission is to make electric grid resilience something regular grid users are compensated for without any personal effort. DexGrid personalizes the energy consumption and payment experience for each user, to draw out and meet their personal needs while exceeding their standards for cost savings of using clean power sources. The traditional electric grid is broken, with regions like Puerto Rico and California left with power outages and soaring electric bills for consumers. DexGrid empowers communities to operate their own power grid. DexGrid microgrids rely on their own energy generation and storage as well as controlled consumption to keep the grid stable at all times. At the center of DexGrid sits our web application, which is currently in the MVP stage. This is where we need you.
We are looking for an experienced front-end designer and developer to take ownership of the DexGrid platform interface development. You are looking for an opportunity to design and implement programs that will directly effect the lives of people with a serious need for energy management and easy access to payments and savings. You have a desire for designing progressive, streamlined and elegant software with significant thought to each element.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Angular 8 or newer or React is a must
- Experience working devops on a live app and observables on event driven programs
- Experience with a interface design and testing using a framework like Jasmine
- Know how to keep at the cutting edge of powerful and light software environments
- Be open to your concepts being tested, challenged and refined to reach the final designs with input from your backend developer counterpart
- Know how to get into good work flows on your own
- Are comfortable with the hectic and changing nature of a startup
- Be independent and ambitious about your mastery of your skillsets
- As this is a remote role, we believe in having the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to be extremely important
- Take advantage of the early stage of the company to form the product into something they are proud to provide our users
- Mentor fellow developers as we hire them, helping them to think more critically and strategically and improve their craft
- Experience integrating applications into Firebase using its APIs like AngularFire
- Demonstrated knowledge building and implementing data input validation
- Experience designing and sketching UIs using Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma
- Working knowledge of JS chart libraries like Chart.js and animations
- Working with our UX strategy and designs on Sketch to draft out visitor routes and needs
- Coordinating with your backend developer counterparts on determination of which cloud and runtime solutions to employ to maximize security and resiliency
- Constantly sharpening your skillsets in the areas of routing, data validation, unit, integration and e2e testing, RxJS, local storage management and cross platform technology like PWAs
- Taking guidance from our UX strategy and data management developer to provide the team the results they require for their goals
- Collaborating with the incentive and regulation focused arms of DexGrid to ensure maximum impact of the platform for our customers
- Learning about developing frameworks and technologies which could be implemented for expanded benefits to our users and maximum resilience of a platform requiring 100% uptime
- Due to the remote nature of our company and the current year, our interviews will be handled almost always remotely
- Interviews are being conducted over video by the founding team at DexGrid
- A screening interview will be followed by a technical exercise and later, a teambuilding exercise for shortlisted candidates
- Our process from screening to hiring intends to contain the process within 30 days. Our responsibility to our candidates in the process is never keep anyone unsure of their status for more than a week without updates.
- Our interview process intends to offer candidates a flavor of what working with our team is like as well as understanding how you operate as a teammate
- You need some hardware that will help you exceed your goals? We’ll buy it for you!
- We’ll fund your learning needs in online courses
- Take time away from work for personal improvement in your area
- We’ll award you shares if you exceed your goals
- Vacation is flexible and based on workload